The Orders API endpoints provide the ability to create and search for orders. As of API version v2021-07-01, all merchants must integrate with our Orders API to achieve the following benefits:
- Ability to create any contract type through a single endpoint (e.g. extended warranty, shipping protection, and lead tokens)
- Streamlined analytics including warranty attach rate reports by capturing all order line items
- Enable Extend to expand plan offerings for products by analyzing non-warrantable consumer product demand
This endpoint creates a representation of an order in Extend’s system. Upon Order creation Extend will automatically categorize each order line item based on the information that is sent with it. The four line item types:
- Contract - This is determined by receiving a Product and a Plan ID and will trigger creation of a product protection contract
- Lead - This is determined by receiving a warrantable Product without a Plan ID and will trigger creation of a lead token
- Shipping Protection Contract - This is determined by receiving Shipment Info and a Quote ID and will trigger creation of a shipping protection contract
- Non-Warrantable - This is determined by receiving a non-warrantable product
Orders created after items have been received by the customer and sent with a fulfilled status will immediately trigger contract creation. Orders can also be created at the time of purchase with line items sent in an unfulfilled status and subsequently updated to fulfill line items triggering contract creation once the customers receive the product.
Orders can be retrieved by using the Order ID, Store ID, or Transaction ID.