This endpoint allows merchants to create a new order or update an existing order. New orders will be created if the Transaction ID value provided does not already exist on an order for the merchant’s store. If the Transaction ID value provided exists on an order for the merchant’s store, updates will be made according to the data included in the API request.
Please find instructions below on how to perform certain updates on existing orders:
- To refund all contracts associated to an order, include the order status of 'refunded' in the request. This will refund all contract line items and cancel any line items that are not associated to a contract.
- To refund or cancel line items on an order, either send a reduced quantity for the line item or do not include the line item in the request. This will refund all contracts for the line item or cancel the line item if it is not associated to a contract.
- To refund a single product protection contract only on an order, do not include a plan container with the line item that corresponds to the contract that needs to be refunded.
- To add line items to an order, increment the quantity of the existing line or include a new line item with a unique Line Item Transaction ID in the request.
- To maintain an accurate number of fulfilled products on order line items, always send the correct value of fulfilled products in Fulfilled Quantity field in the request.
- To maintain shipment records on orders, our service will use the Tracking ID in each record to determine if shipments should be added, updated, or removed from the order.
- When line items that are covered by a shipping protection contract are canceled or refunded, our system will automatically attempt to issue a partial refund for the contract. The API response will display products that were removed from coverage and the new contract premium if the partial refund is processed successfully.