Shopify uses a 'closed-cart' system which forces Extend to be an actual product SKU in your store
catalog. This enables customers to add it to their cart and pay for the extended warranty on a given
product you sell.
Most stores that offer a variety of products have collections referencing specific items and don't have a
collection listed on their store which references all available products. If this is the case, with your store,
you don't need to create a collection to have Extend excluded.
If you currently have a collection that can be browsed on your store which references all
products in your store, please complete the following steps to hide Extend from your visible product
- Create a new Collection excluding Extend
- Set Collection conditions to reference all products, except Extend
- Save Collection, then proceed to change main menu navigation to reference new Collection
- Edit Shop all (or the relevant navigation link for your product catalog)
- Remove former link & select new collection referencing all products (excluding Extend)
- Select ‘Apply Changes’ and then ‘Save Menu’
- And you are good to go! The Extend Service Contracts should now be hidden from your product catalog and only visible when customers click into the specific product pages.
Updated 3 months ago