This guide will walk you through:
- Adding the Extend Product Protection App to your BigCommerce store
- Setting up your Extend Account
- Configuring the app for your Store
Find the Extend app on the BigCommerce app store.
Click on the Add app button.
- Click on the Get This App button in the top right.
- After installing the Extend App, an Extend Account is going to get created with the email address used to log in to your BigCommerce store.
- Go to https://merchants.extend.com/password/forgot to reset your password with the same email you use to log in to BigCommerce. Once you log in, can complete the account registration.
- The Estimated Warranty Profit is optional, so you can click "Continue" leaving these fields blank for now.
- In the next section, you can customize the color of the Extend buttons to your preference. This can also be changed at any time later. When you are happy with the selection, click the "Looks good for now" button.
- Upload your Store Logo and fill in your Store Display Name. Extend will display these in certain design elements and email confirmations. (This can also be changed at any time later.) When you're happy with your selection, click the "Looks good for now" button.
Keep in mind these image recommendations for best results:
- Maximum of 10MB image size limit
- Minimum 500 px height or width
- Avoid white space around the edges of the logo
- Verify image format is either JPEG or PNG.
See an example image here:
From here it is important that you reach out to our team through your Merchant Portal to let us know that we can complete the mapping of your warrantable products. This process will take 1-2 days.
When requesting this, please send us links to 3-5 products and the corresponding SKUs for us to map to plans. These products will be useful during integration and testing. We highly recommend sending us products that are representative of the different categories and types of products on your site. If applicable to your site, please include a product with multiple variants to ensure your integration takes that into account.
It is worth noting that until the products have been mapped to warranties the offers will not render on pages so this is a reasonable time to pause the integration while our team works on your mapping request.
Updated 10 months ago