This integration cartridge makes it easy to enable the following features:
- Automated product catalog export to Extend
- Ability to enable/disable the main functionalities for Extend warranties in Business Manager
- Display simple Extend protection plan offers in the PDP & Cart
- Display Extend interstitial modal protection plan offers in PDP & Cart
- Automatically generate Extend protection plan contracts upon order placement whenever warranties are sold
By enabling extend in your SFRA instance, your customers can:
- Attach an Extend warranty to a catalog product, in PDP, Offer Modal or Cart and subsequently checkout products
- View details about the warranty products
- Remove warranties from the Cart (either by removing the main product or just the warranty product)
This cartridge has been developed and tested against Commerce Cloud Digital 19.10 and integrated on top of SFRA 4.4.0.
This cartridge implements a custom object for temporary storing order data needed for Extend warranty contract generation. This custom object (ExtendContractsQueue) was implemented based on a queue pattern that gets consumed by a job configured to execute every 5 minutes. This data is not exposed publicly and used only in a server-to-server communication setup.
Extend does not handle payments from the end-user. The merchant is responsible for charging the end-user for the warranty plans purchased, using the existing tenders that are currently supported on the specific environment. The merchant is responsible for generating Extend contracts only after charging the end-user for the warranty plans purchased. Please visit https://extend.com/privacy for more information.
The SFRA version of this integration follows the extensibility and modularity design principles behind SFRA. It’s been designed to live on top of the storefront-base-architecture components (app_storefront_base & modules). This means it’s required that this cartridge is included in an environment that follows the SFRA recommendations.
Updated about 2 months ago