- The 3 Extend products that need configuration are:
- In order to make the Extend products merchandisable, you need to:
- Assign them to your storefront catalog
- Allocate an inventory record in the inventory file assigned to the current site
- Configure this entry as perpetual, since these are intangible goods and need to always be in-stock
- These do not need any description, pricing or any other regular product attributes to be configured
Go to Business Manager → Merchant Tools → Site Preferences → Custom Preferences → Extend: Integration Preferences
- Enable Extend: Global switch for all things Extend related within the environment.
- Extend Store ID: Merchant specific Store ID available from their Extend account. The Store ID is environment specific (Extend production or Extend sandbox), and is required to make the API connections with Extend.
- Extend Environment in Production: Defines if Extend APIs call the Extend Production environment (Yes = https://api.helloextend.com/) or Extend Demo environment (No/None = https://api-demo.helloextend.com/). Access Token must be updated to correspond to the appropriate environment. Note: this is available from the Extend Merchant Portal and is environment specific.
- Extend Access Token: Merchant specific API key available from their Extend account. This key is environment specific (Extend production or Extend sandbox), and is required to make the API connections with Extend.
- Extend Store Name: This is the name of the user’s store. Used for calls to Extend API. Note: Extend Store Name is by default configured to “Online Store”.
- Extend Integration Method: Determines to which Extend API order data is sent.
- Orders API on Order Create triggers the integration with Extend near real-time upon the order creation in SFCC Business Manager.
- Orders API on Schedule creates a custom queue record (ExtendOrderQueue) upon order creation in the SFCC Business Manager, but will not integrate with Extend until the Job is run manually or on a schedule. The Job will consume the custom queue.
- Contracts API on Schedule is a legacy feature whereby only Contract creation occurs (requires Extend API Version 2021-04-01 or earlier). Integration with Contracts API uses a Job that consumes a custom queue (ExtendContractQueue) when run manually or on a schedule. Please confirm with the Extend delivery team before selecting this option.
- Product Image Size: Determines the size of the product image stored on the Extend catalog. Accepted values are “small”, “medium”, “large”, and “hi-res”. This is the image that Extend uses when sending warranty contract emails to customers. Image Size is by default configured to large.
- Extend Refund Key: Unique key defined by the merchant to be used as part of Extend’s contract cancellation process in SFCC if applicable.
Go to Business Manager → Merchant Tools → Site Preferences → Custom Preferences → Extend: Storefront Preferences
- Extend SDK URL: Denotes the SDK version used on the Storefront, specifically for the Extend PDP offer, Interstitial Modal offer, and Cart offer (individual settings below).
- Enable in PDP Offers: Allows merchants to enable or disable the Extend Product Detail Page (PDP) offer.
- Enable Modal Offers: Allows merchants to enable or disable the Extend Interstitial Modal offer.
- Enable Cart Offers: Allows merchants to enable or disable the Extend Cart offer.
- Enable Analytics: Invokes Extend’s Analytics methods within the Extend SDK.
Updated 4 months ago
Did this page help you?