Installing the Extend App
This guide will walk you through:
- Adding the Extend Product Protection App to your Shopify store
- Setting up your Extend Account
- Configuring the app for your Store
Estimated time of completion: 10 mins
Add the Extend App
Find the Extend app on the Shopify app store.
Click on the Add app button.
- Click on the Install app button in the top right.
Setting up your Extend Account
After installing the Extend App you will be redirected to an Extend account creation form.
- Complete the brief account registration form shown below.
- Once your account is created, click Connect button to link it to your Shopify storefront.
- Click Continue leaving these fields blank for now.
- Optional: Customize the color of the Extend buttons to your preference. (This can also be changed at any time later.) When you are happy with the selection, click the "Looks good for now" button.
- Upload your Store Logo and fill in your Store Display Name. Extend will display these in certain design elements and email confirmations. (This can also be changed at any time later.) When you're happy with your selection, click the "Looks good for now" button.
Keep in mind these image recommendations for best results:
- Maximum of 10MB image size limit
- Minimum 500 px height or width
- Avoid white space around the edges of the logo
- Verify image format is either JPEG or PNG.
See an example image here:
Congratulations! The setup is complete.
From here it is important that you reach out to our team by filling out the Demo Request form here https://info.extend.com/demo-request to let us know that we can review your business and work towards the mapping of your warrantable products. This process will take 1-2 days.
Once we followup with you we will request that you please send us links to 3-5 products and the corresponding SKUs for us to map to plans. These products will be useful during integration and testing. We highly recommend sending us products that are representative of the different categories and types of products on your site. If applicable to your site, please include a product with multiple variants to ensure your integration takes that into account.
It is worth noting that until the products have been mapped to warranties the offers will not render on pages so this is a reasonable time to pause the integration while our team works on your mapping request.
Updated about 1 month ago